Friday 5 December 2008

AT THE RACES AND HO HO HO!

I thought I’d open up a thread in the forum of ‘At The Races’ (my first). I did…. It lasted just one minute before it was removed and replaced with a pop up that said:-

“YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED FOR THE FOLLOWING REASON
“WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS CALLED SPAM”
“NICE TRY – POOR EFFORT”
“DATE THE BAN WILL BE LIFTED - NEVER”

It was as though I had knocked on the door of the mediator and was banned before he even opened it. I reckon that my 1 minute ‘first and last thread post’ would stand a chance in the Guinness book of records for speed of joining and being banned from a forum! It gave me the feeling that ATR were waiting for me! Strange that because they say:-

“....threads opened for discussion about the horse racing industry are very welcome.”

Did I not try to open up a thread about the horse racing industry on the ATR forum? It lasted 1 minute! Why?

My thread about tipsters who place adverts in the Racing Post that trick and deceive the public was immediately thrown out as though it were a ticking time bomb? Why?

Is not my cause the protection of the vulnerable against the deception of the unscrupulous?

Why did ATR say “NICE TRY POOR EFFORT” for doing my bit to try and protect innocent people from being seduced by scam tipping adverts. WHY?

Then there is this word SPAM! This rather surprised me because I noted several sites that were ‘spamier’ than mine.

And what did ATR mean by “nice try, poor effort?

And then I received an email from a friend and it said “Oy Gerry! Doesn’t Ho Ho Ho work for ATR or have a contract?” The penny dropped! …. I think I might try Talk Sport next!!! Oh Ho Ho Ho!!!

Perhaps ATR when welcoming new accounts should say:-".....threads opened for the discussion of the horse racing industry are welcomed providing they are nothing to do with scam tipping adverts that deceive and mislead honest people by showing 'winners only' especially when manufactured by Ho Ho Ho!"

.

No comments: