Monday 22 December 2008

PHONEPAYPLUS have not got a clue! Worth a read!

LETTER TO 'OFCOM' RE GROSS PPP INCOMPETENCE!
No wonder this countries in a mess!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------
Ofcom.
Riverside House,
2a, Southwark Bridge Rd.,
London SE1 9HA
re No.xxxxxxxx
Dec 22nd 2008

Dear Of-com

I am somewhat concerned as to the lack of understanding (proven) and response to my complaint and letters to the PPP concerning what I believe to be unacceptable advertising practice by Derek Thompson, a so called professional racing tipster who advertises daily in the Racing Post via a Premium Rate 090 Service number. I believe his advert to be dishonest, misleading and indecent. I also believe that his advert is a fraudulent advert..

My initial letter explained in great detail my reasons. The reply I received from the PPP Customer Service Advisor was to say the least, ridiculous and contradictory. Please read her letter (No.xxxxx) and try telling me I am wrong. It was a most unhelpful letter and the unprofessional way it was written, gave me the feeling that the PPP advisor was not interested.

Her letter informed me that PPP dealt with complaints that concerned 090 telephone numbers and Premium Rate Service numbers, but as my complaint was about 090 telephone numbers and Premium Rate Service’ numbers it was beyond the remit of PPP as the PPP only dealt with complaints concerning 090 numbers and Premium Rate Service numbers. It finished “please contact the relevant party” That sir is my proof as to my suggestion that the PPP letter (No. xxxxx) was ridiculous contradictory and unhelpful..

I wrote another letter dated 28th Nov 2008. This time to the manager, a Mr xxxxxx. I felt sure I would receive a reply from the manager. I asked Mr xxxxxxx why the PPP Customer Service Advisor lady wrote a letter of such obvious contradiction. I received no reply. To this very day, PPP have not paid me the courtesy of a reply or acknowledgement to any of my correspondence since I complained of that ridiculous and contradictory letter. I would ask sir, am I not entitled to an explanation? And am I not entitled to a reply? And am I not entitled to complain about PPP?

Today I decided to write again but not to PPP because my experience with them indicates they do not know what they are talking about (proven) and they do not reply or acknowledge my correspondence (proven), but before doing so I wanted to know if Phonepay Plus was a Government regulatory authority. I phoned PPP and a lady answered the phone. I said, “Good morning. I wonder if you could tell me if PPP is a Government Authority please” The lady replied “YES IT IS” I asked her to confirm it and she did. I then asked her to whom should I complain if I wanted to make a complaint against PPP (for incompetence) She asked me why I wanted to do that? I indicated that I did not wish to get involved in a telephone conversation. She told me to wait a minute or so while she checked it out. On her return she said “Oh I’m sorry, we are NOT a government authority, we are a “Regulating Agency of Of-com!!!” I was rather surprised that she had to confirm with her superiors, to find out who she worked for. For reference purposes I asked her name. Her name sir was the same name as was written on that ridiculous, contradictory and unhelpful letter that I received (No. xxxxxx). One gets the feeling sir that just one lady is the complete staff within the PPP as she both replies to the mail and answers the telephone. And on both occasions she gave a contradictory reply. I would suggest sir that if you record telephone conversations, that you play my conversation back. You will hear the lady telling me one thing and then later telling me another. Unbelievable gross incompetence (proven)

I write to you sir asking for help with my complaint about fraudulent adverts published daily in The Racing Post.

If you suggest that I go to the PPP as you did in your most helpful letter (No.xxxxxxx) then I must ask for your help yet again because the PPP Customer Service Advisor appears not to know what she is talking about and the PPP Manager refuses to reply to my letters.

All I want sir is to communicate with an authority that employs personnel that understand what they are talking about AND THE ISSUE AT HAND, and answer and acknowledge my letters.

I most sincerely hope that you can help me sir. After all, the PPP lady advised me that my complaint about PPP be directed to Ofcom. And as such, here it is. And you yourself advised me to take my initial complaint about Derek Thompson to Phonepay Plus.

To put it in a nutshell Mr xxxxxx, you advised me to take my case to PPP. I did. PPP obviously do not know what they are doing (proven) and will not reply (proven). They have told me to complain to you concerning their incompetence. With the very greatest of respect, I would ask you, where do I go next??.

I appreciate that the Xmas holidays are upon us and do not expect to receive a reply from you until mid January or thereabouts.

Merry Xmas Mr xxxxxx


Mr Atric!!!

.

No comments: