Friday 12 December 2008

DECENCY & HONESTY RE SCAM-AD

It is written within the scriptures of Ofcom that “The code of practice for premium rate services and 090 numbers is designed to set and maintain standards aimed at ensuring decency and honesty of such services”

Now let me explain the meaning of the word….. DECENCY.

DECENCY means:- conformity to the recognized standards of decent or proper behavior …. good taste …. modesty …. behaviour that is good, moral and acceptable in society

Does an advert that intentionally misleads and deceives by omission conform to the recognised standard of proper behaviour? I think not!

Is an advert that intentionally misleads and deceives by omission in “good taste?” I think not!

Is an advert that gloats, shouts, brags and boasts winners only and never mentions losers a modest advert? I think not!

Is an advert that misleads, tricks and deceives, an advert that is good, moral and acceptable in society? I think not!

An example of the 'Decency' word used as an adjective could be “I thought he was a decent person”
= = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Now let me explain the word …………………. HONESTY

Honesty means:- showing uprightness and fairness: (as in honest dealings) …. Gained or obtained fairly: (as in honest wealth) …. sincere; frank: …. genuine or unadulterated: …. having a good reputation: (as in an honest name) ….truthful or creditable …. humble, plain, or unadorned …. archaic. chaste; virtuous ….. honorable in principles, intentions, and actions; (As in upright and fair) (As in an honest person)

Does an advert that tricks, misleads and deceives show uprightness and fairness? I think not!

Is not an advert that tricks, misleads and deceives and then takes payment unfairly, not an advert that reaps dishonest wealth? I think it is!!!!!!!!!!

Is an advert that tricks, misleads and deceives a sincere and frank advert? I think not!

Is an advert that tricks, misleads and deceives a genuine and unadulterated advert? I think not!

Does the author of an advert that misleads. tricks and deceives, think he has a good reputation and has an honest name amongst the innocent folk that are daily being ripped off by his scam advert? I think he does!

Is an advert that tricks, misleads, and deceives a truthful advert? Yes it is. But it tells the truth in such a way that it tricks, misleads and deceives the people that read it. The advert looks creditable when only showing winners. It only becomes hugely uncreditable when the countless losers are occasionaly exposed as at the top of the page!

Is an advert that boasts, gloats, and brags about winners only and hides the never to be seen losers, an advert that is humble, plain and unadorned. I think not!

Is an advert that tricks, misleads and deceives an advert that is archaic, chaste, and virtuous? I don’t know wot that lot means! But I expect the answer is:- I think not!

But I know what this last lot means!!! Is an advert that tricks, misleads and deceives honorable in principles, intentions, and actions; upright and fair?!!!!!!!!! ...What do you think?

An example of the word HONEST used as an adjective could be “I thought he was an honest person”

No comments: