Sunday 18 January 2009

RACING POST 'MISLEADING' AD 2

.
RACING POST DENIAL OF MISLEADING ADVERTS

A letter was sent to the Racing Post (Vital Spark) complaining of Derek Thompson's disgusting and misleading adverts. Part reply to 'Vital Sparks complaint was, and these are the actual words The Racing Post used.

"ALL INFORMATION CARRIED WITHIN ADVERTS CONFORM WITH ALL ADVERTISING STANDARD GUIDELINES FOR SPORTS TIPSTER SERVICES, AS IS WITH ALL TIPSTER ADS CARRIED OUT IN THE RACING POST

But Racing Post, do you mind if I tell you what PhonepayPlus, the actual regulator of 090 tipping services say?....Of course you won't:-

PhonepayPlus guidelines say that…"NO MISLEADING CLAIMS MUST BE MADE IN THE PROMOTION“

Now the promotion is the content contained within the tipsters advert. Is that not correct?

The tipsters advert displays and promotes his merchandise (his results) to the customer. That's right isn't it RP?.... The tipster is selling to his customer his service based on his results. BUT the 090 tipsters in your paper only show the customer their good results. He hides from his customer his bad results. The customer then buys the service from the tipster based ONLY ON WHAT THE TIPSTER WANTS HIM TO SEE....ie 'winners only'

I would ask the Racing Post, why did the tipster only show the customer his winners? Was there a reason for that? If there was, what was it?

I would ask the Racing Post, why did the tipster not show the customer his losers? Was there a reason for that?

I would ask the Racing Post are not the losers part of the tipsters service, after all the customer will soon find out after he's paid the tipster that he will get hundreds of them, and in a very short time. And maybe one or two winners (the promotion!!)if he's lucky.

I would ask the Racing Post that was the customer not MISLEAD into buying the tipsters service by being denied the opportunity to see the bad results as well as the good results?

I would ask The Racing Post, was that not MISLEADING by deliberate denial to the customer of the tipsters full results? .... I say it is.

I would ask the Racing Post is that not MISLEADING BY OMISSION?... I say it is.

And the PPP guidelines do say:- "NO MISLEADING CLAIMS MUST BE MADE IN THE PROMOTION"

Would the Racing Post not now agree with me that the 090 tipping adverts that they trick and deceive with and profit from are MISLEADING ADVERTS.... I think they are.

The mere fact that the advert only contains winners and no losers is misleading to the reader. The advert misleads by omission. The omission of the tipster’s losers denies the reader the knowledge of the tipster’s losers. The tipster conceals the losers from the reader with intent to deceive and mislead him. Misleading by omission

Not nice Racing Post ..... Not nice!........Smelly

090 'winner only' adverts in The Racing Post are MISLEADING AND DECEPTIVE. Not the kind of low ethics one would associate with a so called respectable Trinity Mirror Group newspaper .... The Racing Post

Oh yes!...One more thing...I nearly forgot. Silly me.

In case you do not know what I am talking about, and want an example, there is a tipster in your paper who has been misleading your readers for about 15 years .... Perhaps you never noticed .....If you check back his results you will see the tens of thousands of losers and the few winners he has had.

I know you can check his results because up until recently, I saw in his website that THE TRINITY MIRROR GROUP (He is paid by you) proofed his 090 selections.

I did pass comment on that cozy relationship in one of my posts.....Soon after I said it the Trinity Proofing tag disappeared....How coincidental!

Oh I forgot...silly me!

The name of the biggest Misleading tipster of all time who you allow to advertise in your newspaper......

IS DEREK THOMPSON

No comments: